As a child I remember, when on holiday with my parents, how things changed when away from home and in different surroundings. On our walks we greeted passers-by as friends, even though we didn’t actually know them, and we took time to appreciate things otherwise taken for granted. We’d take time to look at the animals in the fields, my architect dad would point out interesting things about buildings, including the guttering and the drains!
Maybe some of us have had occasion for a longer look at things that really matter. As ‘lockdown’ has continued we will all have had times of challenge, sadness, and just maybe, some joys in discovering new abilities, unearthing gifts long since abandoned, inventing strategies, and coping with the enormous change to our daily, weekly and now, monthly lives.
Like most organisations, we’ve been hit hard. Our own events have been cancelled, as have presentations of musicals and use of our products by others. But we are keeping going. Amy, Annie, Helen and Tim are working from home, maintaining activities and developing new ideas. Mary and I are now dealing ourselves with new orders, although they are reduced in volume, reminding us of how things started, way back in the late 1970’s. (‘Jerusalem Joy’ is now 47 years old!).
We are also able to continue HEART & SOUL, with me, Debra Mayo, Graeme Russell, Dave Stansbie broadcasting each Wednesday at 6-8pm on www.brumsideradio.com (repeated each Thursday 11am-1pm). We are also delighted to broadcast, each Sunday morning, a service from Catshill Baptist Church lead by Rev Simon Gudger. Catch up with the back catalogue here.
A lot of new things are emerging:
- A new-look CMM website is on its way
- Musicals, books and vocal arrangements increasingly available as downloads, on international sites like “Kindle”, “Sheet Music Plus” and “JW Pepper”
- New music – I’m in an incredibly creative stage, with new songs and new projects on the go.
Thursday 14 May should have been our Annual Supporters Evening, but we are delaying it one week and going “live” online somehow on the evening of Thursday 21 May - further details in due course!
But CMM sales has significantly declined, alongside ministry gifts from events, affecting our ability to develop and maintain the ministry. So, how can you help?
- Pray for us – this is always the greatest priority
- Tell others about us – you are our best ambassadors
- Buy from us – our online shop has every one of my 23 musicals, collections, books, etc, and so much more!
We would like to make two very special offers:
- Buy the book online for £5 and we'll send it to you post-free
- Order anything at all from the CMM SHOP and we'll include Peter's book as a gift (I'll even sign things if you ask!).
May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace in your faith, that by the power of the Holy Spirit, your whole life and outlook may be radiant with hope. (Rom 15:13 – JB Phillips)
Bless you all,
Post a Comment