Wednesday 19 December 2018

The intern's tale part 4 - December 2018


Hiya folks!

So this is the last you’ll hear from me for 2018… These past few months have absolutely flown by! I can’t believe it’s nearly 2019.

This month has been very busy and very different in comparison to the last few as IT'S CHRISTMAS!  December is a musician's crazy month with no relaxing, just lots and lots of rehearsals, concerts and cards/presents to make.

I played and sang in the last two performances of While Shepherds Watched with CMM Choir. Both concerts went really well - we had some amazing feedback from audience members about how we did and also how the message from the musical helped and moved them.

Whilst performing in the concerts with CMM I have also been busy in the office getting to know Audacity (a sound editing programme) again, after having a two year break from it. It was hard work getting back into it but I’m getting there. I have been working on slicing together snippets of songs for a promo video, and a couple of interview MP3s. Trying to remember how to use it is always fun!
As well as this, I have been challenged by Annie and Helen to transcribe a song by a friend of CMMs. I love transcribing but it is very difficult and very challenging on the aural side of music… a lot of brain power is needed for it!

Alongside having to write this blog every month I also had to write a Christmas Newsletter, which I have never done before. It’s a bit like being at Uni having to do all this writing! You can have a read of the newsletter if you click on this link.

As we have come to the end of the year, all the staff here write a newsletter and as well as having an email mailing list, we still send out over 100 hard copies of the newsletter, so I have spent almost two days compiling the newsletters, labelling, stamping the envelopes and putting them in the post. It felt a bit like doing my first job of advertiser when I was compiling the letters together.

As a tradition for every work place, the CMM staff plus Helen's little Michael went out for lunch as it is our last week here before the Christmas break. We had a great time, lots of laughter and time to just be with each other. They are all just fabulous people, a great laugh and encouraging and supportive. The bad cracker jokes, silly hats, a carvery and great company is all you need to get you in the Christmas zone 😄💗. 

Beyond CMM, I have done my first photoshoot representing The People's Orchestra for the paper, as we got some funding.  This meant that we could give free tickets out to socially isolated, disabled or elderly people, to give them the chance to see a live concert which they may not normally go to which is absolutely fantastic!

My first concert with them was amazing. It was a very long day, but the members of the group and the brilliant music made up for that. It was very difficult music, but our hard work had obviously paid off as the audience have said how brilliant it was. They group are such brilliant and funny people, which helps pass the time through long breaks or during rehearsals. To add to the day, I decided I wanted to do a bit of baking for the orchestra, as it’s Christmas, and I wanted to try my recipes out, and amazingly all three tubs of my baking got eaten! I must be alright at it 😋

Now all my concerts have finished so I can relax for the Christmas holidays and come back fresh in 2019…

Have an amazing Christmas and New Year!
God bless you all,
Gemma xx







No comments: