Friday 9 March 2018

Month 6 in the life of an Intern

Read Month One (September)
Read Month Two (October)
Read Month Three (November)
Read Month Four - Rachel's Christmas letter 
Read Month Five (January)

Well here we are at the start of March, and it seems that February has flown by!

As there were no gigs besides the final three performances of Stargazers during February, the month mainly consisted of ‘mundane’ office tasks, although they were not necessarily unenjoyable. I continued working on two SATB arrangements, both of which, to my delight, were given complimentary comments, and one of which was sent directly to be used by a choir – hopefully they are finding it okay! I have enjoyed the chance to give arranging a go, and I’m hoping I will have the opportunity to develop this further.

Rachel playing at one of the many
Stargazers productions!
I also designed some business cards for CMM, trying to make sure that they looked attractive but also included the relevant information. It is now very satisfying to see a number of boxes of these cards sitting around the office waiting to be given out as required!

Other tasks included spending time making sure that the Psalm and Song Collections were in a format ready to be uploaded to Kindle, getting more involved with processing sales, and inputting some songs into the Sibelius software in order to have them written in more suitable keys for congregational singing.

Despite most of February being relatively quiet, as the end of the month approached, the time came for us to say goodbye to Lindsay. As I imagine most of you know, Lindsay had been covering Helen’s maternity leave, and I would like to thank her for all the help and encouragement she has given to me over the first of part my internship - she will definitely be missed. I do however, look forward to getting to know Helen, working with her, and seeing where this next phase of my internship will lead.

I apologise for the fact that this blog post has been relatively brief, however it reflects the fact that February is the shortest month of the year! My diary for March is a little more full, so hopefully next month there will be more to report!


No comments: