Thursday 28 January 2021

CMM Resources for Lent and Easter

Dear friends – the new year progresses and we are moving towards Lent, Passion and Easter. I share this extract from a joint message from Rt Rev Justin Welby and Rt Rev Stephen Cotterill:

“… we have hope because God raised Jesus from the dead. This is the Christian hope that we will be celebrating at Easter. We live in the hope that we will share in his resurrection. Death doesn’t have the last word. In God’s Kingdom every tear will be wiped away.” (Archbishops of Canterbury and York)

At CMM we have a vast number of resources for the coming seasons, and although there may be few “normal” or “live” performances, we do urge you to try using them in as many ways as you can, both personally and corporately. Do see the list at the bottom of this email, but I’d like to draw your attention particularly to JERUSALEM JOY - We have just released a re-mastered edition of the 1975 recording, with the Choirs of Aston Manor School, and Chris Bowater. It’s now available as a download from our site. It’s a vintage recording and a joy to have recovered!

But this email is not just about existing material, I’m starting to get creative again, and working on several Easter pieces, including with a new bouncy setting of the traditional hymn JESUS LIVES (I’m calling it a Resurrection Romp!). Keep your eyes on these emails because we’ll be asking for singers and instrumentalists to participate in that one! We also intend to release other songs in video form over the next few weeks in good time for you to use them in virtual services or share them with your friends on social media. It is wonderful to be creative again since I finished writing THREE WISE CAMELS in July!

CMM Easter Products Available:

MUSICALS - From Pharaoh to Freedom, Jerusalem Joy, Mary Magdalene, Pharisee, Rock, Saints Alive, Snakes and Ladders, Torn Curtain, Two Sisters and a Funeral

CHORAL ANTHEMS – (Lent and Easter, SATB unless otherwise stated):
Abide with me, It is a thing most wonderful, Lazarus of Bethany (I am the resurrection), Man of sorrows, My song is love unknown, O love that will not let me go, O my Saviour lifted, Praise to the holiest , See how he dies on a cross, Take, eat, this is my body, There is a green hill/Dear Lord and Father, When I survey

HYMN COLLECTION:
Abide with me, And can it be, Christ is alive, I met you at the cross, It is a thing most wonderful, Man of sorrows, My Jesus, I love thee, My song is love unknown, O love that will not let me go, O my Saviour lifted, Praise to the holiest, There is a green hill far away, When I survey the wondrous cross, Were you there?

PSALM COLLECTION
Christ our Passover, Engraved upon my palms (Mothering Sunday), Jesus lamb of God

SONG COLLECTION
Behold the Lamb, God raised him up, Hark how all the new bells ring, Jesus comes, riding into town, Jesus rode a donkey, Lazarus of Bethany (I am the resurrection), Let us fix our eyes upon Jesus (AR), See how he dies on a cross, Take, eat, this is my body, When I see the blood I will pass over you 


SEASONS AND REASONS (My collaboration with Timothy Dudley-Smith)
Freely for the love he bears us, Heaven’s throne ascending, When to our world the Saviour came

SEE WHAT A MORNING
– whole album of Easter Backing Tracks by Tim Jones

THIS IS THE PLACE
– instrumental album by Annie Routley, including a string octet arrangement of When I see the blood I will pass over you, Man of Sorrows, Let us fix our eyes upon Jesus 


Do make sure you explore our YouTube channel, as many of these items can be found there, including the original tour video recordings of some of the musicals. I continue to go LIVE AT FIVE on Mondays on my Facebook page, and hope also to go live on YouTube at some point for those who aren’t on Facebook. Finally, don’t forget HEART & SOUL each Wednesday at 6pm, repeated Thursday at 11am on brumsideradio.com.

God bless you all!

Roger

No comments: